Sunday, August 2, 2009

WANTED: Maintenance Man

Owning your own home is defiantly one of the best Financial Investments an individual(s) can make. Home ownership also has other benefits like the Pride that comes with owning your own home, Mortgage Interest Deductions, Property Tax Deductions, Building Equity, Appreciation in your house value, Stability and Freedom. As always, with every benefit come drawbacks. The most common drawback we hear about is how poor you become when you are a homeowner, while that is extremely true; the drawback for me is the amount of weeds that you consume when you become a home owner.

Everyone knows that I build my home four years ago and for the past two years you have all heard me complain about my so called grass. I refer to my grass as my weeds. Two years ago, I put in a sprinkling system and grass in my back yard. Since then, I have not had any grass all I have had is weeds, dirt and semi-grass. Over the past two summers’ I have re-seeded my back yard twice and have sprayed for weeds…well I’ve stopped counting.

Today a friend and I sprayed once again and in my opinion for the last time. If spraying Weed be Gone, which I’m told is the best thing for weeds does not work; I will not spray again and chances are I will just hire a maintenance man to take care of it. Trust me I have better things to do in the summer than fight with my weeds.

The only other thing that I have heard about from a few friends that is tougher than Weed Be Gone is a product that the Public Health and Environmental Hazards people don’t like very much. So I won’t be using that product, I wouldn’t want all of you to have to come visit me and Bubba!

Oh yeah, weeds they multiply, not just next to each other but 100’s of feet away from each other. I now, for the first time in four years have stupid weeks in my front yard. It is true “Everyone needs a friend or two” or in my case I should say “Everything needs a friend or two or eight!”

Here are some pictures of my BFF’S.

Notice****** Some of the weeds like to tease you by having cute little purple flowery things on them.

Ah, a pretty purple flower....NOT it's a weed!!

The big things and the small things are weeds

Look there are tons of them; did you also notice some dirt by the patio. This is about a weeks worth of growth. At least I know the fertilizer is working!!
So unevan, if you look close you can see some of that semi-grass that I have

Now here we have just dirt and weeds, try mowing that

More dirt and more weeds


BIG, BIG spot of dirt and weeds...it's been seeded several times.

And now the weeds from the back have friends in the front!
So if you know someone who needs a side job as a Maintenance Man...hit me up!!

No comments: