Saturday, April 11, 2009

An update but NOT the best update!!

Word has got around to a lot of friends about the set back from my surgery. So, I though I would update my blog for everyone. As we all know my breast reduction surgery was on March 25th.

Everything was going great until something on my right Breast didn't look right. I called my surgeon’s office, it was after hours so I spoke to an on call Dr. I explained what my concerns were and well.......long story short it wasn't okay because this past Tuesday, I ended up in the ER. I found out that I have a skin and a blood infection, which was caused by an undetected Hematoma. The infections that I have are the MRSA and Streptococcus (Group A) Infections.

Everything is okay now and I am really fine. I have had several IV's of antibiotics. Thursday, IHC Home Care taught me how to give the IV's to myself, so I don't have to be in the Hospital and I don't have to go in everyday to get the IV. Right now I have an IV in my arm and I simply hook the bag up and the medicine runs though the IV into my body.

Thursday, when I saw my surgeon, he said I could continue to work and do everything as I normally would but he did not want me driving my car because it is a stick shift. So, I choose to say home on Thursday and Friday to get some sleep. I will return to work on Monday. Even though I got this crazy infection, I would still recommend this surgery to anyone who is considering it. All Surgery's have their risks and you have to weigh your options. The medical industry is amazing in how quickly they determine what is going on and then how quickly they fix the problem.

There is no need to worry, I am fine and will continue to be perfect…..LOL. Thanks to everyone who has called, emailed or text me. I love you all. And a HUGH thanks to my mom for driving me around town and making me and the kids dinner every night. I will see everyone or talk to everyone soon.

3 comments:

Mindy, Julia and Connor said...

Nisha I am glad you are ok. I love your count-down. :) Hope you take care.

~Mindy

Kimberly J. said...

WOOO HOOO! I had that same bra you got! Became my best friend for weeks! So awesome! I bet you're a lot better! I recoop'd after about 5 days, thank god! And bra shopping, woowee I loved it!
Hope you're doing well!!

Stephanie said...

Hang in there. I hope you are feeling better and won't have to give yourself IV's too much longer. Steph