Saturday, March 14, 2009

Good Bye to the Sister’s

Well, we all know Nis is a bit crazy at times and here is another Nisha Adventure.
On March 25, 2009, I am having Breast Reduction Surgery. I went to Nordstrom’s today to purchase the bra that I have to wear after the surgery. The “special” bra helps reduce swelling and helps the twins form their new shape. So, today is when it really hit me that my surgery date is just around the corner.

According to my PO papers, two weeks before my surgery (which I am in) I cannot have any aspirin products, any anti-inflammatory drugs or any over-the-counter herbal supplements. Five days before the surgery I have to shower with an Anti-Bacterial Soap, have to shave the arm pits 48 hours before surgery, clip (not shave) any hairs that are growing on the girls.

We all know that I have the honor of being a smoker. Three days prior to surgery I can only smoke 4 times a day…….HEY, maybe that will be the trick to help me finally quit….only time will tell on that one….and of course no food or liquids after midnight the night before. That morning I can brush my teeth and try not to swallow any water, thank goodness for that….wouldn’t want the Dr. to pass out from the morning breath.

The Surgery is an In-Out procedure and will take place at the new Intermountain Health Care Hospital.

I will be off work for a week. Right after I get home, I have to remain in bed and can only get up for bathroom breaks…more help on the no smoking thing….maybe I should work on one thing at a time…..LOL. The first two days I will be on a liquid diet, then a soft food diet until Saturday the 30th then my normal diet after that.
During that week, I have no idea what I’m going to do to keep myself entertained; I can’t drive for 7 days, seriously 7 days people…..that’s goona ROCK and my ADD will absolutely love it!! I have to avoid getting overheated and sitting out in the sun for two weeks following the surgery. I have to limit the use of my arms and not extend my arms over my shoulders for 7 days. I cannot lift, push or pull for 10 days…….HUM I wonder how I’m going to get in and out of my company’s doors or any door for that matter!!

The crazy looking bra that I purchased from Nordstrom’s must remain on day and night for 4 weeks. Sleeping on my side is okay but not on the stomach for 3-4 weeks after the surgery….34 years old, 34 years of sleeping on the stomach, don’t know how I’m gonna pull that one off either. The 3 hardest things from my PO papers that I know I will have problems with (even more than the smoking thing) are “No aerobic exercises, tennis or jogging for 4 weeks…….

So, there we have it, what I can expect before and after my BR Surgery, minus the pain. As, I progress through my recovery I will try and update my blog, but no promises.

I'm excited to see how this all “sizes” out!!

No comments: